Thursday 7 March 2013

When Too Much Is Not Enough

The greatest garage sale evvvvvveeerrr is on this weekend in Brisbane. Well the ad in the Courier didn't exactly say that. And the ad wasn't even in the Garage Sale Section.
 Real Estate. Auction . Pictorial. That's where I found the Mr. Joel Barlow Collection.
What the ?
Isn't he the "fake Tahitian Prince "guy as I spat my short black into the newsprint.
I had to do the tyre kicker thing and check out how some of the $16 mill. of Q'ld Health's money was allocated.
33 pages, 810 lots of ...well...stuff.
Forget the Tahitian bit this guy was channelling...sorry Chanel-ing Imelda Marcos.
Centepede central for shoes.  From Boots to dress , to sneakers and joggers to golf shoes and we finally get to the quality stuff thongs and a pair of Uggies.
This guy put the not so bright into Breitling. Watches,enough to go up every street hawkers arm in Bali.
Enough high branded fashion and bling to look after the entire red carpet on Oscar's night.
There must be every bit of Louis Vuitton gear  made since 1854.
Message to self.
Must bid on the LV surfboard. Wonder if it comes with its  own LV wax. You can  keep your Kelly Slater . Wait till I'm carving up Snapper on my "louie".
Will the Louis Vuitton golf clubs bring my handicap down from 35.
Probably not but am I going to look good, particulary when I add the 'louie" beanie (hand knitted) and the assorted feather accessories.
Hold it, I've just had an idea for a float for Mardi Gras next year.
It took me til page 26 before I got to the stuff that I want ,that I really really want.
Yep the Ryobi Drill and Screwdriver set and the Trojan Tool Set and Box.
I wonder if they're sequinned to match my LV or D &G Sunnies. Have to have some protective gear when you're doing the hard yakka.
 No Yakka , sorry,but I did find some Wrangler shorts but they may clash with my new Hermes Garden Tools .
Way to go ...just got my hands on the Monster Steam Mop, now just got to find a monster who won't object to being steam cleaned.
 And I wonder what the household cleaning items will go for. Should I just go crazy and bid for the Ajax Spray n Wipe ?
Bloody hell how fun is this . It beats the crap out of knocking off stuff in the dead of night from household collections.
Speaking of knocking stuff off.
Came across the 1880 something Antique Pictorial Bible it's  lot 655. But this quote is not from Lot.
Exodus20:15 "Thou shalt not steal" or Leviticus 19:11 "You shall not steal, you shall not deal falsely, you shall not lie to one another".
Let us bid on the rosary beads and  kneel and pray this Sunday March 10 at Antique and FineArt Auction at the Gabba, that the Q'ld Reds Jersey gets a good price and that their season is richly rewarded.
We can also say one for a "fake Tahitian Prince" who lived royally  and will continue to do so at Her Majesty's Pleasure.


No comments:

Post a Comment