Thursday 23 February 2012

1 February 2012

I caught a train on Monday.Whoooo what a catch says Bill Lawry.
 
I had just completed my dealing with the ticketing machine (why do they give all the change in shrapnel ? Note to self don't stick a twenty in for a sub tenner fare) when I'm sprung by media blogger/journo Brett Debritz. "What are you doing catching a train ?". Bugger I can see his next blog. Axed radio breakfast man reduced to catch...ing public transport. Nah, we had a great chat on the platform and on the way in to the city.
 
Although he did ask if he could take a snap of me riding the rattler for Twitter.
 
I held the ticket up beside my melon just to show that I had bought a ticket. I love the train. OK Brisbane suburban isn't the Paris Metro or the London Tube but a great place to "people watch" and "listen". On the way home the seat opposite was taken up by a sleeping socks and thong wearing gent who had onions grilling under both arm pits. I figured he was a cabbie on his way home after a shift. The school kids all got on. Love it. I can now let you know that Jake is going to let his piercing grow over. Jake was responding to his mate's question. And Brianna is still not talking to another girl.punctuated by "Whateeeeevvvvverrrrrrr".
 
I am taking all this in while I have my nose in the mx paper I'd picked up at Central. I then came across the "overheard" column on page 21. a whole column on what I was actually doing. Surreal. Woman on phone wants someone to strum her like a guitar. Thanks MMB for sharing that one. I've got lunch on Friday and I'm going to train it again.
 
An onion for each armpit and two ears and I'm ready. I'll be getting a Go Card next.

No comments:

Post a Comment