Thursday 23 February 2012

2 January 2012

Well it's 2012, and week 14 of the "hiatus".
 
As I milk the recovery from the hernia op., I feel I'll get another one lifting what I've been shovelling into my gob through Xmas/New Year. But it is a great time for family and friend catch ups, and the food and drink is just the bonus. Apart from the normal celebrations at this time I've been to a christening and a Greek mate's Name Day bash. Surrou...nded by other's family and friends. Even gave my hernia a bit of a work out with a spot of "skippy" style Greek Dancing. Been to the movies, saw "Albert Nobbs" with Glen Close, and the French flick "Women on the Sixth Floor", very funny.
 
Then yesterday morning got a message that Cecelia"Bubbles" McNamara had passed away. Cecelia was known to many of us over years of being the social round's news hound in the Sun and Courier papers. In recent times worked with her daughter Amelia at Southern Cross Austereo.
 
Sad and sobering.
 
Two words "Bubbles" wouldn't want to see in a sentence.

No comments:

Post a Comment