Wednesday 20 February 2013

Your first !

My nephew was so excited to be getting his Bunsen Burner license at school. Now I didn't want to rain on his parade , but I already got mine. I can also responsibly turn on gas and strike a match, and I'm not talking about lighting farts on camping trips. Please do not try this at home you Jackass. I can also wipe my own backside. It is exciting growing up.
My nephews"first" was brought home to me when renewing my driver's license yesterday. Guess who has a birthday coming up ?  Andrew at the Main Roads Customer Service Centre who set up my renewal yesterday shares the same birthday as yours truly.  He also shared with me how he would tell his Mum that he was special because his birthday falls on the same day as Ian Skippen. I also found out his co-worker at the booth next door has a birthday the day before ours. I'd walked in to a nest of dreamy Pisceans. Too bad for those waiting for Number 328 to get on with his license renewal.
So back to the " first" part of the story.
The deal now in the license is you can encode it with a pin number and also your choice of two"secrets". You select two questions  from a list and write the answers on the screen with a special pen.
The list has all sorts of "firsts" as questions.
What was the name of your first pet ?
What was the name of the street where you first lived ?
What was the name of your first teacher etc etc.
As I was making my selection, I was scanning the list for the most important "first", and it wasn't , "what was the name of the person who gave you your first bunsen burner license ?". Although the question I was looking for did create a few sparks and a bit of friction.
It should be on the list.
"What was the name of the person you first did "it" with ?"
Got it ? Now hold that memory. "Your first",  and the expression that memory brought to your dial.
Lock it in Eddie.
Now if that question was on the list, at least it would explain the looks on our faces captured in our driver's license photo.
The same look I had when I got my bunsen burner license.



2 comments:

  1. How funny, I was just doing a question thing last night & thought that they should have "who was your first horizontal folk dance partner" ... great minds & all that Mr Skippen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do remember and it was a more a quickstep than a folk dance. I would have preferred a "foxytrot".

      Delete