Thursday 23 February 2012

22 January 2012

Great to see Rosalie back in full swing 12 months after the floods.
 
Every joint in the precinct was humming last night. Our dollars were being shared around a lot of businesses that this time last year were literally trying to keep their heads above water. We caught up with a couple of mates at Rouj, the best Lebanese in Brisbane. That was after a very low key day following a 50th for my mate D...eb at the Paddo.
 
A great catch up with a lot of old faces. Also met my mate Nick from Youngcare at Ruby Cafe in Paddington on Friday. I had to google to find it and ended up on urbanspoon. Some of the reviews weren't all that flattering. I still thought I'd give it a go.
 
From the time I arrived those bad reviews running around my head had been erased. Everything was spot on in a busy lunch period. Friendly service and good food. Beef wrap, a pulled pork and cucumber sandwich, stringy fries and a Ruby Shot for dessert. The shot is an espresso with a dollop of condensed milk. Yeah, that's different, and looked sensational with the coffee layered atop the milk. The girls were quick to assist with their way of drinking. One was a fan of stirring it up, the other of knocking down the coffee then spooning the condensed milk. I sort of did a combo. Sensational.
 
If you're around Paddo, drop in and see Bruce and co. at Ruby opposite Montrachet, they deserve a go. It's easy today to bag someone, it's also easy to give someone a rap, and on that go Bernard and Lleyton.

No comments:

Post a Comment