Thursday 23 February 2012

9 January 2012

Just catching up on yesterdays Sunday Mail after a day at the tennis. I think the planets must be aligning.
 
Three different writers all with articles on social networking. Darrel Giles, Steve Waddingham and Kylie Lang, with warnings ranging from the age of our kids when they should be using it to what we say and how we say it. I must admit I''ve read some posts and thought"geez I don't know if I'd... be dropping the "f" bomb so liberally" .
 
Now I'm sounding like an "old fart",but then I'm the bloke who took a colleague aside after his farewell speech littered with the "f" bomb. I explained that you just don't know everybody in the room or who you may offend. He explained while looking at me as if I'd come from another planet that we worked in radio and it was accepted.
 
I must admit it can come in handy when you've smacked your scone into a low beam or you've tried to drive your thumb into a chunk of wood with a hammer. My late mother in law , an old school educator,used to say "swear words are only used by those who lack the intellect to use something more appropriate".
 
Words are our friends, we just have to choose which one we like to hang out with. Apologies for the "old fart", or maybe that should be apologies from the "old fart".

No comments:

Post a Comment